The Illinois Democratic County Chairs’ Association is looking for enthusiastic, politically minded future leaders for our Internship Program.
Internships with the Illinois Democratic County Chairs’ Association are a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate future leaders to gain real world, hands-on experience in Democratic politics, strengthen their understanding of the political process, and prepare for future political opportunities.
It’s also a great way to form lasting connections and memories. Past interns have worked alongside IDCCA staffers at our annual County Chairs’ Brunch, our Candidate Boot Camp, and other exciting events.
Internships are based either at our Springfield Headquarters or based remotely. Internships are unpaid; however, we are happy to furnish information as required to receive credit through your college or university. We accept new interns throughout the school year and during the summer.
In addition to typical intern duties, you will have the chance to work on high level projects. Each department offers you a unique professional learning experience.
- Be interested in politics and consider themselves a Democrat
- Be dependable, detail-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Must live in Illinois or be from Illinois
- Be available to work at least 10 hours each week during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday)
- Be able to commit a minimum of one semester (about 3 months) to the internship program
- Every applicant must submit a cover letter and resume
- Applications should be submitted to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Intern Program – Your Name” in the subject line